Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Paris

     I did not think I needed to elaborate on the title of this post. We arrived today in Paris. Travels went well. We tubed to King's Cross Station for our obligatory Platform 9 & 3/4 photo op. The station immediately next door was where we caught the Eurostar to Paris. This is a fast train. It topped out at 230 k/hr. Everyone has been very helpful when my very poor French fails me for example a Parisian who spoke for me when we could not figure out how to get through the luggage gate at the Métro. 
     It was raining in Paris when we arrived so we took the Métro to our new neighborhood where we met our lovely hostess who name is currently escaping me. The apartment is beautiful. It is a large, light-filled artist's studio on the 4th floor of a little alley in the middle of Paris. An oasis.
     We walked around our neighborhood which was not very crowded. Lots of European kids are still in school so this is a good time to travel. We went to A la Biche au Bois upon Mark and Karen's suggestion and were thrilled. We sat at a tiny table by the window next to a gang of Boys winding down Pride Week. We had the menu of the day which included country paté, potato salad, two kinds of beef, bordeaux, raspberry sorbet, and a cheese selection. I got a lump in my throat when Monsieur brought out the cheese plate. Seven choices. We had three and they were delicious. It was a very French restaurant in the very best ways. 
     Then we walked the delirious kids along the Seine for sunset and now we are home for a night cap and bed. I can't imagine that it gets better but this is only the first half day. Paris has been tres magnifique! Bon soir.

No comments:

Post a Comment