Sunday, July 2, 2017

Cheese and 2 more days in Paris

     Those cheeses from the other day were: 1) Fourme d'Ambert semi hard blue cheese from roman times 2) Bouygette chèvre 3) St. Henri 4) Fleur de Maquis rosemary sheeps milk 5) red peppercorn chèvre 6) Brie with truffles 7) Comte reserve


     July first! We got up a bit later and did the Métro to The Louvre. Louie XIV thought Paris was too confining so he ditched the Louvre and build Versailles. His loss, our gain. This place is freaking huge and full of amazing art. Cael loved the Greco Roman statuary. We saw the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, and the Raft of the Medusa. Then we wandered the neighborhood north of the palace and shopped. Kyra bought a dress and Lu tried on hats. We had Thai food as a change of pace from the French cuisine. 
     July the Second! We got up much earlier. Marla and I did the Bastille Market just 2 blocks from our house and got treats for breakfast. Then we took the Métro to Notre Dame. I forgot my Musée pass so some people did the cathedral with good classical music during the Eurcharist while I ran back to the appartment. There was live music at every train and stop. Later I bought a CD from one of the bands of old Slavic guys. Then we saw the beautiful Chaple St. Chapelle where Louie XIV built a beautiful building for what he bought as The Crown of Thorns. Really nice building for a hat. We had lunch of crépes then Cael and I bought books at Shakespeare and Company. We wandered down the Seine and saw the book sellers. Then saw the Water Lillies in the Musée l'Orangerie. This is 8 gigantic Monets of his water garden displayed in two oval rooms making the 360 degree painting. It was beautiful. One of the greatest art experiences of my life. Lumia sat in my lap and we looked for a long time at my favorite and I think she got it for a minute. We tubed back to our neighborhood. Cael and I got the Pilote issue all about the Valerian movie coming out. We had a yummy dinner just down the street from our apartment and now we are having a night cap. Let's hope tomorrow has no rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment